Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Playground

M loves to go to the park and now that the weather is finally getting warmer here in the Philly suburbs (it'll be in the 70s tomorrow!), I've been trying to get her there a few times a week to play. I try to make it a point to actually walk around the park first and then head over to the playground - we might as well get some exercise in for Mommy, too! Of course, I made the mistake of trying to go on the walk AFTER the playground one time.... never again.

Since Jesse works late on Thursdays and it was warm out today, I figured we'd head over there for a bit (and by that I mean an hour and a half). We did our 15 minute lap around the smaller part of the lake and then headed over to the playground. Watching her play always makes me so happy. She's such a sweet little girl. Any time someone is doing something that she wants to try, she stands there and waits her turn. She doesn't even complain or get sad when someone cuts her off or jumps in front of her. She just turns and looks at me and says It's okay! Wait my turn! Here's my little 2 year old being cut in front of or pushed by the other kids (all ages) and just saying "It's okay. I'll wait". I can't describe in words how insanely proud this makes me.

Today a little 3 year old boy wanted to go on the swings, so I told her it was his turn since she already had been on them twice and he hadn't (she's met him before and he was nice to her, making sure the bigger kids didn't push her around). So she just walked over to the older kid swings and asked to go on that one instead.

Of course, now that we're 2, we want to try all the cool big kid things.

Can we talk about how this gives me a heart attack every time:






5 comments:

  1. ahhhh isn't it crazy how fast they grow up!? she's super cute! I'd have mini heart attacks too watching her balance on that thing If I were you! when my pets to stupid things I about freak, im going to be a nutsoooo mommy!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie you have!

    And I can so relate to almost having a heart attack when your little one does something risky for their age. Truth be told, you still get worried even when they grow up.

    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb @ A Life in BalanceMarch 18, 2011 at 7:52 AM

    We have a similar piece of playground equipment at the school where my kids play soccer. My 2 year old boy insisted on climbing it last fall. I had the same heart palpitations! It's actually my husband's fault for letting him try it the first time. More gray hairs to color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats too cute!! Love that the temps are warming up enough for the park. Gotta love the spring! :)

    ReplyDelete