Friday, February 25, 2011

30DC: Get Moving - DAYS 10 & 11 + { MORE }

DAY 10 (2/23):
Hula Hoop: 7 minutes
Cardio (Squat & Punch with weights): 3-4 minutes
Weight Training: 2-3 minutes
Push-Ups (against the Wall): 20


DAY 11 (2/24):
Hula Hoop: 2-3 minutes
Cardio (Squat & Punch): 1-2 minutes
Crunches (across the body): 20
Push-Ups (against the Wall): 20 

Squats: 20 

I can't believe I've been doing this for nearly 2 weeks already and am still determined to keep going. I'm really determined to lose this fat. I want, very desperately, to big able to feel comfortable going to the beach or the pool in a bathing suit this summer. When I was younger, I always had issues with how I looked at the beach. I never showed off a lot of my stomach (I was a tankini girl). Then when I hit my all-time low of 118 in college (which is awesome since I have a very large chest naturally), I went out and got myself my first real bikini.... I felt great! Now I know I may never feel comfortable like that again, but I would like to be able to feel comfortable enough not wearing layers and layers of clothing in the hot weather to hide all my fat. So my goal with this challenge is to start toning my body (in addition to the weight that's been coming off over the last year). I know that the little bit of exercise I've been doing every day isn't going to make me lose 10 pounds over the course of the month, but I also know it will help to tighten my muscles and that's what I'm hoping for.


In other news, I was right about my weight yesterday. When I went to do some Wii Fit this morning, it said I was 2.2lbs down from yesterday (making my current weight 185.2), which means that the bloaty feeling I was having definitely contributed to the large increase (and only making my gain about 1.6lbs in the past week). So we'll see how I do next week.

I'm waiting patiently for the fedex guy to show up today. Since the weather's been getting a little nicer lately, I decided to order myself a new pair of sneakers. These, as a matter of fact:

They're Puma's Rio Racers. Cute, right? I don't think I've ever had athletic shoes before in my life. It took me FOREVER to find a pair that I liked. I did find one other pair of Puma's that I loved, but I wasn't going to spend $70 to get them. I ordered these from Piperlime on Tuesday. They're on sale for $39.99 with free 3-5 day shipping. They would have been here yesterday, but for some reason, FedEx refuses to leave our packages with the main office like UPS does. So, I'm sitting here patiently (or not so patiently), waiting for the fedex guy to show up. Not that I can use them today since it's raining and I'm feeling kind of crappy - though I've heard walking/exercising when you're sick helps you get better faster, is there any truth to this? It's supposed to rain again this weekend, too. C'est la vie.
 



1 comment:

  1. Those are some nice shoes!!! :) I LOVE the pink in it.

    ReplyDelete