Friday, December 17, 2010

Do you label your kid's things?

I don't know about you guys, but I have to label EVERYTHING for M. At least, everything that gets sent to school with her. I made the the mistake once of sending her spare clothes to school without labeling them and her teacher wrote her name in sharpie on the collar. Um, sharpie on the collar, really? That doesn't come off! What if I wanted to re-use that item for another kid down the line? Lame.


I
The solution? I went ahead and ordered myself some labels from Applied Labels. These are great for all of her little dishes and whatnot because they are dishwasher and laundry safe. Perfect! I've already washed her dishes and toys with the labels on them a million times and they labels still look brand new. It's fantastic.

I was a little disappointed, however, because if you're trying to label clothing or shoes, you can't just stick the label on. For clothes, you're supposed to use the blank backer and then the label and for the shoes, you're supposed to use the label and a shoe shield. There were no instructions included on the best way to do this, so you kind of have to guess.

I used one of the shoe shields on the tag of M's Minnie mouse doll, just to see what it looked like. The shoe shield is a little larger than the label, so that's good, but you'll notice that dirt traps under the clear label around the edges. And that's on a toy, so I wouldn't want to see what it'd look like in a shoe. Gross.


All in all, I think the labels are great for things like dishes and toys, but not so much for clothing. Also, there are only a few simple choices, so if you're looking for something colorful and different, you're out of luck. These are very basic, simple labels.

Don't forget to check out Applied Label's twitter, too!

Note: I received a pack of labels, fabric backers and shoe shields for free in order to do this review. This did not influence my opinion in any way.





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment