Friday, October 1, 2010

Katy Perry's Sesame Street Debut... or not.

You've all probably heard by now that Katy Perry was supposed to be on Sesame Street in January singing a child friendly version of Hot N Cold with Elmo, but that it was pulled. Apparently some parents were upset about Katy's bare chest.

I finally got to watch the video and, honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. The parents say she has nothing on on top, but she does. Her boobs are fully covered and there is a mesh piece covering her cleavage. And she even says in the beginning of the video that she is wearing dress up clothes! That in itself would be enough to say 'Hey, listen, I'm wearing this, but I don't wear it normally. I'm just in dress up clothes to make believe'.

I think some people get too worked up over nothing.

**EDIT: I just want to add, that I do agree that being a kids show she should have been fully covered, but I don't think that it was AS BIG a deal as some people made it out to be.



What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. Well, I think that being a children's show she needed full coverage. Yes she has mesh covering her clevage but I don't think clevage should have been out at all. A tube top would have covered more and been more ok... but that's just me.

    I think kids grow up way too fast with all that they see on regular tv so fully clothed guests on Sesame Street isn't too much to ask.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marci. I think that it being a children's show she should have had more clothes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel, that it being a childrens show she shouldn't be showing so much cleavage. Sesame Street is a very reputable childrens show, and Katy Perry looked like she was going to fall out of her top for more than half of the song! Yes, she wore mesh, but it shouldn't have been a nude color, where it looked almost as if it wasn't there at all =( I think it was a good call to pull it before airing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlll, I completely agree. I agree it might be a little much for Sesame Street but I think the whole thing got a little out of hand. I'm SURE it's not the worst thing I've ever seen on tv! lol

    ReplyDelete