Monday, October 25, 2010

HYC #3

I've been doing better this week than last week.

Hubby & I walked a little over a mile on Sunday. It felt good. Tiring, but good. I definitely need walking shoes. My Ed Hardy's, as pretty as they may be, aren't cutting it (and neither are my crocs). Everyone over here got new shoes recently... except me. I haven't gotten new shoes in almost 2 years. I'm thinking that it's about that time.

Apart from walking, I also did some weight lifting this week. It feels good to be opening up my shoulders again.

OH and I'm actually starting to see my curves again. I missed my curves. Another few inches and those stupid love handles on my sides should be just about gone. I can't wait! I'll still have my belly to get rid of, but I'll feel better with those love handles gone.

My accomplishments for this week?
1. I walked.
2. I lifted some weights.
3. I've been keeping up with my calorie log (even when I go over).
4. We've been eating healthier (more bocca, no more ground beef).
5. My bras were too big, so I was able to get a smaller one (LOVE this!).

I even got dressed today. I work for a company where we never see clients, so we can wear whatever we want... including sweats. For the last 2 years, I've been taking full advantage of this. I decided today that it's time to start taking better care of myself. I got up, showered, got dressed and I even blow dried my hair. I felt so much better today!

Here's hoping these feelings stay!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment over at my place!!!

    I totally hear what you are saying about getting up and actually showering and drying your hair. I still don't do it every day (love my sweats)...but I am amazed at the days when I make the effort it does make me feel a little more "ready" for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. Keep up the good work. I need to get back on the bandwagon being out of town last week really messed me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job meeting your goals! And way to go on getting dressed up! Fantastic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog! CANNOT wait to not be a 38D anymore, lol. It needs to be over.

    -Raych
    http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I have recently started walking again. Walking shoes are definitely a must. I need to get some, the ones I have are killing my calves. Keep up the good work!

    I am your newest follower from Follow Me Friday.

    Vickie
    victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, on all of your accomplishments! I love walking, and I'm thinking you deserve to go and buy yourself that new pair of shoes : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh i just remembered i need new shoes too! thanks;) Plus, I am now following you thanks to Mingle Mondays, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;) Also don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy blog tutorials, you know where to come!
    Today we have a super useful topic about computer security going on, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, get new shoes for walking! :) It makes a huge difference.

    We're supposed to dress up at work but I always wear the least I can get away with. This has everything to do with how I feel about my job, not so much about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    Love your blog and I'm a new follower!

    Please come on over to my NEW health blog! Would love if you would follow back and I look forward to get to know you more!

    Lina

    ReplyDelete