Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Healthy You Challenge - Week 1 (wk 41)

J went to the doctor last week (for the 2nd time this month). The results? No allergies. So they have no idea what's causing his sinus problems. This is also the 2nd time he's had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He did, however, lose 8lbs in 2 weeks. How? I counted his calories. I'm actually a little bit jealous - I count my calories, too, but I don't lose 8lbs in 2 weeks. heh.

Anyway, because of the high cholesterol, I've been trying to be a little more careful this week. I've managed to keep his cholesterol intake well under the 300mg per day cap for men (I've been staying around 150 for him). We've also been limiting our red meat intake. This was a toughie because he hates most everything else.

We had company this weekend and I managed to say no to fast food every time it was offered. J suggested pizza for dinner, I said no and we wound up getting Saladworks instead. Much better than pizza. Then his friend bought McDonald's and brought it back for us for breakfast the next morning (did you know that a plain sausage McGriddle has 420 calories?!). I took a bite of the sausage and that was it. I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my goals this weekend.

Healthy You Challenge is hosted by Scale Junkie.


5 comments:

  1. Way to go. That is crazy he lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I would love to lose that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Guys always seem to lose weight to quickly and much more easily then women. Which sucks royally if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stick to your guns!! Keep it up.. And McGriddles are gross!! The syrup beads in the bread seriously weird me out...haha plus I don't like the taste (but that's just me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking to your goals and staying away from junk food!!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on standing your ground! And jealous of J's weight loss, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete