Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!
I hope yours is better than ours! I had a really bad stomach flu Friday night. And SURPRISE, M woke up with the stomach bug at 1:00am this morning (yes, I've now been awake for 16+ hours and don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight either) and she's been sick every hour or two. Around noon, hubby came down with the flu. So, we're officially out of towels, sheets & blankets.

And don't worry, I did talk to the pediatrician. She said I'm doing well (this is the first time M has ever been REALLY sick). We're on a regiment of pedialyte only every 30 minutes. She can only keep it down for an hour or two, but the doctor says that's okay since her diapers are still wet fairly regularly. It means she's at least absorbing something. They said if she gets worse or is still this bad in the morning to bring her in for an appointment, but otherwise, I'm doing a good job.
Anyone have a surefire home cure for vomiting? We've tried various types of flat soda, some dry foods (and olives because that's what she wanted and my 'home cure' book said to give her whatever she asks for). No luck!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a doctor yet, but I know whenever I'm really sick, mine tells me to drink a whole bunch of fluids to keep from getting dehydrated!

    Hope she feels better. If it makes you feel any better, Halloween wasn't too great on this end either. But there are many Halloweens to come!

    -Raych
    http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! They are so cute!!

    I've left you an award on my blog!!

    http://lebedafamily.blogspot.com/2010/11/awards.html

    Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas

    ReplyDelete