Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This really kills me....

A few years ago, my husband and I were in a really tough spot. We had just found out that I was pregnant and I had just graduated from college and moved back home. I found a website called Wish Upon A Hero and they were my lifesavers. If you've never heard of that site before, it is a place where people can go and make wishes. Other members and the organization both can offer to grant these wishes. They bought me and my husband an entire Thanksgiving dinner that year and we also received a very generous package of baby items for when the Monster was born.

From time to time, I still visit WUAH to see if I can pay it forward a bit. Today I came across a wish from a woman who has granted 76 other people's wishes. She's only made a few requests - most of them not even for herself. Yesterday, she posted a new wish. It details how her family has had a very trying last few months. Her hours at work were reduced, her husband lost her job. All 3 of their young children have medical issues and her disabled mother live with her. She also had to be admitted to the hospital ruptured cyst. And on top of all of that, they are about to be evicted from their apartment (on Thursday). They've found a church willing to donate $100 to them, but that's it.

This is the woman and her husband. The top 3 children are theirs.

And you know what really kills me the most? NO ONE has offered to help her at all. All of those people she helped. All of those wishes she's granted and no one will even donate a dollar to her.

So if anyone can donate a dollar or two to her, spread the word or even just keep this woman and her family in their thoughts, that would really be fantastic. You can visit her wish here and if you'd like to donate a dollar to this poor woman, there is a donation link there.


1 comment:

  1. what an awesome site that is..and thanks for bringing this families needs to our attention..gave a little bit to help, hopefully everyone who reads this does the same

    ReplyDelete