Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Interesting...

Did you know that a can of diet coke is 99% water?

Or that if you occasionally  have a cup of coffee, that cup will count as 2/3 of a cup of water?

And did you know that caffeine is actually NOT dehydrating? It can be just as hydrating as water, if you don't have it all the time?

I just thought these facts were pretty interesting and it was something that I didn't know.

I decided that I wanted to run a test this week. I'll be avoiding soda during my work week in an attempt to see if it affects my weight loss. I will be allowing myself to have soda on the weekends because I know that with every good diet, you should give yourself a break at least once a week. So the weekends are going to be my break. I've read in a lot of places that you have to give yourself those one or 2 days of break to jolt your system. Not that I'll go nuts and I won't go out of my way to find a soda, but if I have a glass or two on the weekends, I won't beat myself up over it either.

Yesterday was day 1 of this no soda diet (not even diet). All I drank yesterday was water and 1 can of iced tea. Now I know iced tea isn't great for you either, but it's better than soda, right?

I think the biggest downside to not drinking soda during the work week is that I get hungry much faster than I used to!


1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. :)

    Carbonation is what seems to put weight on. I know a few people who've dropped pounds just by dropping the carbonation (over long periods of time). Ever notice how it puts pounds on so easily?

    It *is* a good idea to have the things you normally crave once in awhile, like you say.

    I'm not sure about your thoughts on SlimFast stuff, but it will help to subdue hunger for a bit longer, like soda seems to do for us. I just picked some SF generic up for myself & had one right away. It was working when I used it before. I don't follow a set (diet) just change my habits. It's mostly about just eating healthier (as you know).

    I hope you stick with this idea for the long run and congrats on your success so far. :) You're such a smart woman, Mrs. Guidry!

    ReplyDelete