Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2, No Soda: Success

Yesterday was day 2 of my trial with no Sunday. In case you missed it, I'm attempting to go the whole work week (Monday - Friday) with no soda... this includes diet sodas. E from Bowquet and I decided on Saturday that we were going to challenge ourselves. She's going without coffee this work week.

Day 2 wasn't bad at all. I find, though, that I get very hungry when I drink nothing but water all day, so I did have a cup of coffee and a peach tea, too. I also had a glass of 100% cranberry juice with lemon and lime juices added (a great diuretic!) with dinner (hamburger helper, broccoli and carrots).

I feel bad. J went to the supermarket yesterday and forgot that I was going without soda this week, so he picked me up a Dr. Pepper. But I did not drink it! I was very proud of myself. If only he had gotten me an iced tea instead. Though I have to say, I'm not really craving soda like I thought I would be.

I'm not really feeling any different. I'm still exhausted and feel like I have very little energy. A lot of people say that not drinking soda helps you feel less bloated, but I'm not really noticing that either. Maybe because it's still early in this trial? We'll see. I'm still keeping up with my weight lifting and I'd really love to get some walking in there, but by the time I get home in the evenings, I'm beat and on the weekends, we clean and try to spend time with the Little Monster. At any rate, we'll see what's what tomorrow for the weigh in.


1 comment:

  1. GL with this! It's hard, but I promise it gets better as you go on. I limit myself to 1 a week and it's been working for about 4 years now. I LOVE diet coke more than anything, but now it feel like so much more like a luxury when I can only have 1 a week.

    ReplyDelete