1-2 lbs london broil (or other steak of choice)
2 tsp Rosemary
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
1 package sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup red wine
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix rosemary, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Rub onto both sides of steak. If any seasonings are left, sprinkle into frying pan.
2. In a non-stick pan, cook steak on each side for 4-5 minutes. While waiting, slice onions fairly thin.
3. Remove steak from pan and place on a plate. Add onions into pan and saute for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, slice green peppers to desired thickness.
4. Add peppers to the pan and saute for another 4 minutes. Then add mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
5. (If your pan is large enough, you can use that for the rest of this recipe. If not, you can do like I did and switch it to a baking pan.) Move veggies & juice to baking pan. Add 3/4 cup red wine and the rest of the salt. Add steak and juices from plate on top. Cover with lid or foil and bake until 'done' for you. We like our steak well-done, so I baked it for about 35 minutes. For medium rare, bake for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove steak from oven and let it rest (still covered) for 10-15 minutes.
If you're making baked potatoes, like I did, I suggest putting them in the oven as soon as it's pre-heated. I shredded some cheddar cheese and melted butter to top mine with, but when storing the leftovers, I let them sit in the juices. They tasted REALLY good soaked.