Saturday, July 17, 2010

IrishHooksandYarn and Shooting Star Photography

For those of you who don't know, my grandmother taught be to crochet when I was little. I used to ask her if I could 'shay' with her and she would give me a hook and some scrap yarn. I couldn't do more than straight line for the longest time, then I moved up to small squares. As I got older, I lost my desire to crochet... until I went away to college. While I was in college, I fought really hard with depression and re-taught myself to crochet.

Now that I've taught myself to sew, I've been a little obsessed with that recently, though I still do like to crochet. That being said, I sell a few crochet patterns in my Etsy shop. One of which is a baby cocoon (which can be used as a swaddler or a photo prop).

Sue from IrishHooksandYarn was nice enough to show me her finished product from my Little Sweet Pea cocoon pattern and let me know that I could use her photo (taken by Shooting Star Photography).



Isn't it beautiful?? The cocoon can hold either 1 infant up to 20lbs or 2 twins up to around 10lbs each! If you're interested in purchasing the pattern, feel free to head over to my shop or if you want, head over to Sue's shop and purchase her Gemini cocoon! Sue's shop will be going on vacation shortly, but she assures me she'll be back August 1st!

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dani ... thanks for featuring Irish Hooks & Yarn on your blog! It looks like there are lots of exciting things going on in your life ... lots of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is darling! Love your blog header too! Visiting from the Girl Creative.

    ReplyDelete