Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

Our internet went out on Friday, much to my dismay, and Verizon wasn't able to send someone out to us until Sunday. The guy ended up being here for over 6 hours and had no idea what the heck he was doing. That being sad, we finally have our internet and cable back on (the box ended up being broken).

How was everyone's holiday weekend? 

I want to thank everyone for their comments on my going to the movies alone question. It made me feel much better about going. I ended up seeing Eclipse (and yes, Jesse makes fun of me for going, especially alone). It was my first IMax experience and while the floors must have been mopped with soda instead of water, I did enjoy the movie. I just borrowed the books from one of my co-worker's, too.

On Saturday, we went to our community pool for 4th of July activities. M ended up getting a few prizes (she was too little to play, so they just gave them to her) and she definitely enjoyed her water ice. The Monster watched Bolt for the first time (and watched pretty much the whole movie), but there were fireworks outside our building that scared her. She jumped out of the chair and ran with her empty dinner plate crying. We took her out to see them, but she was still a little spooked.

Sunday we sat around all day waiting for the Verizon guy to finish up so that we could do something. By the time he was done, it was time to get ready to go see the fireworks. Last year M actually slept through all of them, but she was awake this time and she didn't cry.

Banana Face

She loved watching the other kids play

Watching the fireworks

The Monster & I


All in all, we had a pretty good weekend.




3 comments:

  1. So cute. The video is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M is too cute! I love that dress on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eclipse in IMAX-how cool was that! You little girl is adorable. I loved the video of her dancing.

    ReplyDelete