Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Working Out & Motivation

So I've pretty much given up on the 30 Day Shred. It was a good tv and I really did feel it, but I really hate dvd workouts. I got bored with doing the same routine every day and lost a lot of my focus/motivation. We decided to trade in our xbox 360 the other day since we never play any of our games on it. Now we no longer have anything to watch dvds on in our living room anyway and the one that we have in the bedroom you have to pry open to put the dvds in. That's too much work for a 20 minute work out at 5:00am.

What did we trade our xbox in for?? A brand new Wii Fit Plus bundle. I've been actively doing my workouts for the past 2 days and they're fun! Yesterday I burned 495 calories in 2 hours. Today I slacked off a bit and only did 264 calories in 1 hour because I was soooo sore from yesterday. Plus, today's not over yet. Maybe I'll do a little more after M goes to bed. My little Mii is obese according to the game. :( She chunked up pretty big, but since I started playing yesterday, my BMI has gone down a little bit (not much, but a little). It tells me I'm a master and trainer of the yoga exercises. But trust me, I'm definitely feeling them today!

Do you guys play the Wii Fit games? Do you find it helps you lose weight or keep in shape?

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I don't have a Wii but we have talked about getting one so I can work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a wii and I love it, even though I feel like it is not as effective as other workout possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Kate! I love the wii fit, but I think I lost weight faster when I was doing the 30 Day Shred. The downside with 30ds was that I was exhausted afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get a Wii or something like it. We do have a play station 2 and have an Eye Toy that came with an exercise game but the lighting isn't the greatest in my livingroom so the eye part has problems seeing me which make it not work great. I found out the best time it worked was in the winter and the sun was out, it lite up the house great and then it worked. I did the 30 day shred for about 30 days but never made it past level one. I did try level 2 but couldn't keep up. I'm not 25 any more so a bit slower on the getting up and down bit. I have found out for me that I do best if I exercise on my own. Starting with stretches (I hate these, they seem like such a waste of time), then some upper body weight/strenght stuff and then floor exercise with crunches, leg exercises and a few more weights. I do it for about 20-30 minutes and it's working. I also march in place, high leg lifts, during commercials in the afternoon before I sit and relax. It all adds up and though I have a long was to go so far so good.
    Good luck on your life style change. Your wee ones is such a beautiful little girl.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete