Friday, May 14, 2010

A Day in the Life

Jesse started a new job a few weeks ago and ever since, I've been feeling very stressed. There is very little time during the day for me to get the things I need to get done done. His new job has him on his feet all day and when he comes home, he is ready to relax. If I, on the other hand, 'relax' for one day after work, I'm swamped the next day.

Here is a typical day for me...

5:00-5:15AM - wake up
5:15-5:35 - work out
5:40-5:50 - shower
5:50-6:30 - get dressed, get the monster dressed, feed the monster, pack monster's lunch
6:30-7:30 - drop Jesse & the monster off at work & school (respectively), take myself to work
7:30-3:45 - work
3:45-5:30 - pick up Jesse & the monster (unless he works OT, in which case it's  M and then J)
5:30-6:30 - arrive home (time depends on if J worked until 4 or 6)
6:00-7:00 - cook & eat dinner
7:00-8:00 - spend time with the Monster (coloring, books, bath, etc)
8:00-9:00 - either 1 hour of tv or another hour of work, depending on the day of the week
9:00PM-1:00AM - make sure the baby is asleep and tucked in, feed cats, put dinner stuff away, clean

Then I go to bed and do it all over the next day. Do you know how hard it is to wake up at 5 to work out when you only went to bed at 12 or 1 the night before? If I don't follow the schedule, I either miss my work out time or I miss cleaning. Either way, I feel like crap the next day. Sunday night, I freaked out and ended up cleaning until 1. Then the monster woke up at 4:00 (from what I can only assume was either teething or a bad dream). By the time she fell back to sleep, it was time for me to wake up for the day. Needless to say, I was very cranky.

4 comments:

  1. That is a very rough night. I'm right there with you with little sleep, needy monsters, and juggling it all. You're doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonnie, it's definitely good to hear it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. No fun. I know what you mean though, about if you relax one day you pay for it the next. Wayne lets me sleep in on the weekends but I think I'm going to stop. When I wake up there's so much catching up to do that I feel behind for the rest of the weekend. Not really worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, Tiffany?? If you take a break, the next minute there's 20 new things that need to be done!

    ReplyDelete