Tuesday, April 27, 2010

30 Day Shred: Day 1

Before trying this dvd, I watched it to see what I was in store for. And it looked pretty easy! Nothing out of the ordinary, some minimal weight lifting, push ups, jumping jacks, etc. Nothing I hadn't done before, so I decided to give it a go that night. I only made it through the first 5 minutes of the 20 minute dvd!! So I turned it off and put it away for the night. I figured it was because it was late and I was tired. So, I went to bed.

At 5:00am (yuck!), I woke up and got myself into the living room with my little 3lb weights. I turned Jillian back on and started from the beginning. Let me tell you, Jillian is tough! The reason the work out is only 20 minutes is because you don't get any time for a break. Since it's only 20 minutes, you're supposed to push yourself to do it and 'your body will adapt'. I did make it the whole 20 minutes, but I also had to take a few breathers here and there. I also broke a piece cartilage in my wrist a few years ago (or so the doctors think), so I couldn't do the push ups (it hurts my wrist too much). Instead, I subbed cobra and plank poses from yoga in where the 2 reps of push ups were.

All in all, I think I really like the 30 Day Shred. I ended tired, but not exhausted. Sweaty, but not overwhelmed. And I was sore, but not so sore that I wanted to collapse. The best part? It only took 20 minutes!

I've been trying to count my calories lately, too. Not every single one, but I try to stay under or as close to 1000 before I get done work for the day (this includes drinks, breakfast, snacks & lunch) and then I try to eat healthier in the evenings.

As of yesterday, I'm weighing in at 210.8 lbs. My goal by the time the wedding rolls around is 170 (even though I know this is a big long shot!), but I'd be ok with 180, I think. My long term goal is 130 (I was 110 from Senior Year of HS to Sophmore Year of college, then I jumped to 120 and stayed there due to my taking up yoga). Ideally, I would like to eventually fit into my size 4 wool coat again (which I fit in no problem 2 years ago).

These are my motivational pictures...
4 years ago (Sophmore Year of college):
3 years ago:




2 years ago:



And now...

To check out the other posts on this video or to monitor my progress, check out posts tagged 30ds.

2 comments:

  1. Lt me know how it works! I know I will need to lose some too this summer. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful woman. Really. Yes, a bit of toning won't hurt you and will make it easier to keep up with your wee one but you are BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Good luck Dani, I know that you'll get to where you want to be.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete