Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!!

So for those of you who don't know, my day job (aside from Mommy) is as an IT tech. Specifically, I work with school districts to help them use a program that my boss created. Since the beginning of September, I have been working Monday, Wednesday, Friday in the office (Little Monster goes to school) and Tuesday and Thursday from home (which is going to be changing in April when she goes to school Monday through Friday).

I'm just going to tell you guys that my boss is awesome. End of story. Yes, there are times that I want to pull my hair out, but generally speaking, my boss is awesome for many reasons. One of them? We never have to pay for or bring lunch, he pays for it... every day. This includes drinks for the full day (think soda, coffee, water, iced tea... beer... yes, beer) and whatever we want for lunch. Want leftovers for dinner? Go ahead, order it. We don't abuse the generosity, but it is a fantastic thing...

Now the problem arises, what do I eat for lunch when I work from home?? Usually a end up with a bowl of cereal or some leftovers from dinner the night before. Today I decided to treat myself!


If you can't tell, it's a tuna sandwich and it was delicious! I hate getting a tuna melt and having the tuna & tomato all hot. It makes the sandwich a mess. This was the perfect solution!

You'll need....
1 can of tuna
tomato slices
sliced cheese of your choice (I used American)
bread of your choice (I used Archer Farms whole grain white bread)
salt & pepper to season
Take your bread, layer on your cheese, tomato & tuna (season to taste) and top with your other slice of bread. Place sandwich on a cookie sheet and place in your broiler. When bread is brown on top, flip the sandwich and brown the other side. This toasts your bread, melts your cheese and heats your tuna a little bit, but it leaves your tomato slices nice and cool. The perfect tuna melt!!! Yummmmmm!!

2 comments: