Saturday, March 20, 2010

Free at last!

Over the last year, my ring finger has grown in size. Before I was pregnant with the little monster, my ring was always a size 4. My weight would fluctuate, but my ring size would remain the same. Now, of course, my ring size is a 6.75. The problem? It grew with my size 4 ring still on it. This last week has been excruciatingly painful and we finally headed over to Kay Jewelers to see if they could remove it.

After about 15 minutes of cutting through the ring with a tool that looks like a can opener (and works like one, too), the woman spent about 5 minutes trying to pry open my ring to no avail. She then had to cut out a chunk of my pretty ring. She again tried to pry it open with no luck. She called over her co-worker and he spent around 15 minutes prying it open. And finally, off the ring came.

My finger is pretty bruised right now and a little swollen... and definitely sore, but my finger is free and all of the pressure on that finger is gone. We've sent the ring out for an estimate on soldering, reshaping and resizing, but I think we're going to end up just trading in my ring instead (for something better, of course) since we need to pick up wedding rings anyhow (I highly welcome all gift cards for Kay Jewelers :)

Here is a picture of my finger about 30 minutes after the ring had been cut off:
Looks painful, right?? You don't know the half of it!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had to go through that. Glad your finger is ok though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to get mine cut off, too, very depressing, but so nice when my finger could breathe again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouchie!!!!! I'm glad they were able to get it off, but I'm sorry they had to cut it all up!!

    ReplyDelete