Sunday, January 24, 2010

24 January 2010

First and foremost, I apologize for the tremendously long break between posts! We've been busy, busy, busy over here! I hope you guys all enjoyed your holidays - we sure did! And now we're getting ready for someone's first birthday! I can't believe she's going to be 1 already, it feels like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.

She's changed so much in so little time.
She doesn't even look like the same little person anymore!

On the left is a picture of my little monster, fresh out of the even and on the right is a much more recent picture. And yes, she is way too big for that bouncer. On New Year's Eve we went to my co-worker's for a party (his daughter is 2 months younger than M) and she begged to go in the bouncer! I love her little princess crown. haha. She knows how to put those necklaces on by herself now, too. It's very cute.

We're having a Sesame Street party for her birthday because she has a very strong love for all things Elmo (and she has had it since late summer, I'm surprised!). If anyone has any party ideas, I'd love to hear them! I think I have all the food plans down, but I still need ideas for decorations!

I'll be making her birthday dress and I'm very excited to be doing it. I bought the fabric from JoAnn's last week. Now I just need to find some time to make it! It's going to have a cute little diaper cover to go with it, too.

Speaking of dresses, I was stalking Ruffles & Stuff this afternoon and found this great playdress tutorial that I can't wait to try! After I finish up M's birthday outfit, I think I'll be giving it a try!

2 comments:

  1. have fun planning the party! And I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...first birthdays are so much fun!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete